talc. is looking for a young person (ages 15-25) to create a kinetic sculpture or object. Depending on your ideas and design, you can learn the following techniques:
– working with different materials, like cardboard, wood, mdf, metal, a.o.
– creating files for laser cut and laser engraving
– creating a 3-D sculpture or object out of 2-D shapes
– creating movement, working with simple mechanics, motors and solar cells
– adding sensors & microcontrollers to the piece to make it responsive (for example to create sound or light)
– working along a theme, related to the programme “sparks, drifts and rain”
You will learn the necessary skills at talc. and can use talc.’s resources on dedicated dates. The process and result of your work will be used to present the creative possibilities to other young people – we will ask you to present the piece on 2-3 dates.
You will participate in Wednesday After school drop-in sessions (in Tarbert) or Monday After school drop-in sessions in Lochgilphead (whatever is nearer).
Duration: ideal start date: 8 June (duration: 8 weeks, depending on availability during the summer holidays)
Payment: You will receive a small fee of £200 and can additionally use a material budget of £200 + travel costs.
Skills required: Please be experimental! An interest in working in 3D is essential. Any technical or computer experience will be valuable, too (only the fun bits).
You should be happy to present and document your work.
Any questions? Would you like to apply?
Please email email@example.com or phone: 01880 820135 (ask for Nicole or Stefan) as soon as possible. And tell us why you are interested in the opportunity.
talc.’s website: www.talc.org.uk
talc. on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/talcTarbert/
talc. on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/talctarbert/